<$BlogRSDUrl$>
-- Return To Main --

Monday, July 26, 2004

Another template change 

If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent tweaking HTML to work around something stupid about it I could pay off my mortgage. I racked up a few more hours last Friday.

I finally got fed up with the behavior of the sidebar on this blog and spent a few hours trying to correct it. I think I've improved the overall degradation behavior of the presentation here. For those of you who might read this, and use one of Blogger's div-based templates (at least the older ones), it might help.

I moved the render for the sidebar div up before the render for the main column div in the template, and then used the "float:right" style on the sidebar div. This has the effect of wrapping the main column's text around the sidebar, rather than the other way around. It tends to insure that the sidebar stays at the top right where I want it, rather than moving it below the main column when the width of the browser (for whatever reason) is too small. I also added borders to the left and bottom of the sidebar, but I'm not sure if I like those yet.



Comments:

Why not invest in an HTML editor and quit your whining?

What exactly do you think Blogger does?

Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?